IN THIS SECTION
Those that serve on our Governing Body are proud to be associated with Wollaston School.
Governors are primarily responsible for the strategic direction of the school, monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the school through full governing body and sub-committee meetings, in order to ensure that everything possible is being done to secure student achievement.
Governors also visit the school on a regular basis, taking time to talk to the students and staff and experiencing first hand what it is like to be part of the Wollaston School community.
Chair Of Governors
Local Authority Governor
Wollaston School Instrument of Governance
The name of the school is Wollaston School.
The school is a Community School.
The name of the governing body is ‘The governing body of Wollaston School.’
The governing body shall consist of:
- The Headteacher
- 2 parent governors (elected by parents)
- 1 staff governor (elected by staff)
- 1 Local Authority governor - VACANCY
- 9 co-opted governors
The total number of governors is 14.
The instrument of governance comes into effect on 1 February 2015.
The instrument of governance was made by order of Northamptonshire Local Education Authority on 16 July 2015.
- All governors are members of the Full Governing Body, which is chaired by Mr Paul Dudley-Smith.
- 7 governors sit on the Finance and Resources Committee, which is chaired by Mrs Claire Hicks.
- 6 governors sit on the Personnel & HR Committee, which is chaired by Mrs Gill Higginson.
- 9 Governors sit on the Learning & Achievement Committee which is chaired by Mrs Sharon Smith.
- 3 governors sit on the Health & Safety Committee which is chaired by Mr Paul Dudley-Smith.
- Each of the Committee Chairs then form the Pay Committee.
If you wish to contact the governing body at any time, please email Mrs Louisa Nixon, Clerk to Governors: email@example.com