A-Level Results 2016
The anxious wait is finally over and sixth form students at Wollaston School gathered together to celebrate superb A level and BTEC national results. The numbers of Wollaston students securing the top grades rose again, with 28% of all entries awarded A* or A grades. Over 50% of all A level grades were A*, A and B. This has enabled many of our students to win places at some of the top universities in the country. Wollaston students who chose a more vocational route, opting for BTEC National qualifications in Health Studies, Hospitality, Sports Studies, Performing Arts or Public Services, surpassed themselves with outstanding results. In fact 50% of these BTEC results were graded at Distinction*, equivalent to an A* at A-Level.
Headteacher, Joe Cowell, commented ‘The great joy for teachers at this time of year is to see the students that have worked hard for the last two years fulfil their potential and win places at some of the best universities in the country. I am happy to report that the mood in the Sixth Form Centre today is one of elation, excitement and relief. This is a tribute to the hard work of all the students, the support given to them by their parents, and the dedication and commitment of their teachers.’
There were some outstanding individual performances:Lucy Sawford & Jamie Smith
- Lucy Sawford secured an outstanding 3 A* grades in Biology, Geography and Maths. She will now accept a place to study Mathematics at the University of Loughborough.
- Jamie Smith secured an equally outstanding 3 A* grades in Chemistry, Maths & Further Maths, and will now begin a Masters degree at the University of Southampton in Electromechanical Engineering.
- Faith Rawson secured an outstanding 3 starred Distinction grades (equivalent to 3 A* grades at A-Level) in her BTEC subjects of Hospitality & Catering and Health & Social Care. She has accepted a place at the University of Northampton to study for a degree in Social & Community Work.
- Holly Wilson was absolutely delighted to learn that she too had secured 3 A* grades in Biology, Chemistry & French. She will now accept a place at the University of Sheffield to study Medicine.
- Neve Costello-Heaven secured a hugely impressive 2 A* grades and 1 A grade in Biology, Chemistry and Maths. She will now go onto study Biochemistry at University College London.
- Penny Barker produced outstanding results including A* in Geography and A grades in Maths and French. She will now go on to study Geography at Bristol University.
- Hiral Billimoria was thrilled with her superb results of 3 A grades in Biology, Chemistry and Maths. She will now study Medicine at the University of Keele.
- Hannah Lidbetter was equally thrilled with her superb results of 3 A grades in Biology, Chemistry and Maths. She too will go onto study Medicine, at St Georges University (London).
- Courtney Nicholson was delighted to discover that she had secured A grades in Dance, History and Sociology and will now go onto accept a place at the University of Warwick to study Sociology.
- Kieran Traynor was delighted to learn that he too had secured 3 A grades, in Biology, Chemistry and Maths. He will now take up a place at the University of Manchester to study Medicine.
- Ollie Millin, too, secured a very impressive set of 3 A grades in Geography, Maths and Physics and will accept a place at the University of Reading to study for a degree in Meteorology.
- Antonn Cheeseman was rightly very proud to learn that he had secured 3 A grades in Chemistry, Maths and Physics. He will now accept a place at the University of Bristol to study for a degree in Virology & Immunology.
- Callum Taylor was delighted to hear that he had received 3 A grades in Biology, Chemistry and Maths. He will now go onto study for a degree in Biochemistry at the University of Warwick.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF OUR A-LEVEL AND BTEC STUDENTS. WE WISH YOU THE VERY BEST FOR THE FUTURE.