May I start my first message of the year by wishing all parents and students a Happy New Year. I trust that you all had a relaxing Christmas break. The new term starts in earnest with sixth form mock examinations taking place over the next week or so and this will give sixth form students a good idea of what they have to do to prepare for successful examination outcomes in the summer.
I’m please to report that over the Christmas holidays we made some additional improvements to our school site. We have completed the construction of an additional outdoor shelter for student breaks and lunchtimes and although this may not be ideal during this week’s inclement weather, it will add to the quality of our lunchtime provision for students in the longer term.
May I take this opportunity to make you aware of some important up-and-coming events this half term:
- Thursday 19th January – English year 11 Intervention evening.
- Thursday 26th January – Year 9 Options evening.
- Friday 27th January – Holocaust ambassadors event.
- Tuesday 31st January – Year 11 Excellence Ties awards evening.
- Thursday 2nd February – Year 10 Parents evening.
- Monday 6th-Friday 10th February – Year 9-10 trip to Bremen, Germany.
- Tuesday 7th – Wednesday 8th February – Key Stage 4 & 5 Drama performance.