Dear Parents and carers,
Following the release of the government guidance last week regarding the return of all students in September, we are busy working on how we will apply this at Wollaston School.
As you will understand, this is a complex task and we will publish full details on Wednesday 15th July 2020. The aim is to compile all information into one document for ease of reference, as there will be considerable changes to our usual operation. In the meantime, I would just like to outline the headlines to aid with planning for September.
- We will be undertaking a full opening to all students from September, with a phased induction process in the first week.
- Students will return in full school uniform. A list of requirements can be found HERE. Although the window for guaranteed delivery before the end of this term has now closed, uniform can still be ordered HERE and collected in September.
- All students will have access to the canteen. Money can be loaded on to student cards using the parent pay link HERE – Please note we will not immediately have the facility to enable students to use cash in school to load up their cards – so this must be done using the parent pay system.
- School transport will run in September. We expect all stops and routes to be available – with appropriate protective measures in place. Some further details will be included in the guidance to be issued on Wednesday.
- The school will operate a zoned system, with each year group being taught in a separate designated area of the school. Again, full details to follow on Wednesday.
Virtual Sports Day
Please see the link HERE to our virtual sports day. Entries close on Sunday and thanks to all who have already taken part. A good opportunity to be active and challenge the entire family!!
Student Leadership Team
Although the selection process has had to take place remotely, we have enjoyed a highly competitive and inspiring series of interviews for the roles of Head students for the 2020/2021 academic year.
All of the students who applied demonstrated the capacity to fill the roles capably, which goes to illustrate the high calibre of leadership skills we enjoy in our VI form student body.
Congratulations to all who applied and well done for performing so well throughout the process.
I am delighted to announce our student leaders for the forthcoming year will be:
Head Girl: Abbie Smart
Head Boy: Isaac Gavin
Deputy Head Girl: Imogen Wainwright
Deputy Head Boy: Aaron Brooker
Formal duties will begin on the 1st September 2020 and I know that the entire school will benefit from their guidance and leadership. The process now moves on to filling the remaining leadership and committee posts and I will of course provide full details in due course.
Autumn Term 2020/21 Academic year
1st September 2020 – Staff Professional Development Day
2nd September 2020 – Year 7 & Year 12 Induction Day
3rd September 2020 – Year 7, Year 12 and Year 13 Induction Day
4th September 2020 – Year 8, 9, 10 and 11 Induction Day
7th September 2020 – Whole School Return
So, a relatively short update this week – but I can promise a bumper amount of reading on Wednesday morning when we publish the full guidance for September!
As we have done throughout, our aim remains to provide the best education possible, in the safest way possible. Thank you for your support so far and in helping us to make this work again in September.
Mr J Birkett