STRIKE ACTION & REMOTE LEARNING
Dear parents and carers
As you will be aware from my letter last Friday, tomorrow the NEU will be taking strike action. In order to operate the school safely, I have limited attendance to students in Years 11, 12 & 13, students who are considered vulnerable and students whose parents are key workers. For students who are in Years 11, 12 & 13 school will operate in the normal manner and they are expected to attend. For students who are considered vulnerable, either the SEND team or the pastoral team will have contacted you to inform you that your child is expected to be in attendance in school. For parents/carers who are considered key workers you will have had your child’s place confirmed via my PA, Miss Fitzhugh.
- For all other students in Years 7-10 they are expected to remain home and where staff are working they will receive a live lesson.
- They should log into TEAMS for morning registration and for each subsequent timetabled lesson which can be found in their TEAMS calendars.
- Where there is no teacher within 5 minutes of the start of a lesson, students should consider this an independent study session to complete home learning/reading etc. We have also provided links to additional study for English, maths and science. These details have been posted to each students’ Go4Schools and are clearly labelled.
- Students should be at home for the duration of the school day following their normal timetable, as we did during the lock-down during Covid measures.
- Students should use their school network login details to log into Microsoft Office 365 and launch the TEAMs app.
- If students have any issues logging into Microsoft Office 365 they should email firstname.lastname@example.org giving their name and form and staff will email them with new login details.
Additional Learning resources Available for Students Remote Learning
Please see the link below which should cover all bases for students learning from home should their teacher not be working and they have done the additional English, maths and science learning posted on Go4Schools.
For students in Year 10 please use the following links to online learning in a variety of subjects:
Oak National Academy: https://classroom.thenational.academy/subjects-by-key-stage/key-stage-4
BBC Bitesize: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z98jmp3?scrlybrkr=1b711f4f
For students in Years 7, 8 & 9 please use the following links to online learning in a variety of subjects:
Oak National Academy: https://classroom.thenational.academy/subjects-by-key-stage/key-stage-3
BBC Bitesize: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z4kw2hv?scrlybrkr=1b711f4f
While your child is learning at home, please be assured that there are still colleagues at school who are there to support them. If you or your child need to contact the school for help or support regarding any safeguarding or wellbeing concern, please either phone the school on 01933 663501 or email email@example.com and we will get back to you at the earliest opportunity.