IN THIS SECTION
Visitors are always welcome. If you wish to see the school in action, we do ask that you make an appointment by ringing the school office in advance so that we can arrange to show you around.
There are also designated Open Days and an Open Evening for parents wishing to view the school. For the 2018-2019 intake our Open Evening will be held during the last week of September (date TBC) and guided tours during the day will also be taking place at set times on specified dates (dates and times TBC).
As a Local Authority school, admissions to Wollaston School are managed by Northamptonshire County Council.
The Admission Policy of the Local Authority for students 11-16
Please see below the admissions policy of the Local Authority as it affects Wollaston School for entry into Year 7 in September 2017. It is important to clarify the categories relating to SEN and formerly to children with specific medical and social needs. The Department for Education is currently changing its approach to Special Educational Needs and replacing these with Educational Health and Care Plans. It has begun this process and wrote to parents of statemented students in April 2015.
As a result, the Planned Admission Number [PAN] for Wollaston School is 240 pupils.
As a secondary school serving both urban and rural areas, places will be allocated to pupils who have a statement of special educational needs/EHC Plan that names the school as appropriate provision. When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Children in public care (looked after children) or previously in public care.
- Pupils who live in the designated villages ie. Bozeat, Brafield-on-the-Green, Castle Ashby, Chadstone, Cogenhoe, Denton, Easton Maudit, Great Houghton, Grendon, Irchester, Little Houghton, Strixton, Wollaston, Yardley Hastings, Whiston.
- Pupils who will have an older brother or sister continuing at Wollaston School at the time of admission of the younger child.
- Pupils attending Wollaston School’s designated contributory Primary Schools ie. Bozeat, Cogenhoe, Denton, Grendon, Irchester, Little Houghton, Wollaston, Yardley Hastings in the year of application and continuing in attendance until the formal offer of places is made.
- Pupils who live in Wellingborough and its designated surrounding village and contributory parishes: Earls Barton, Ecton, Finedon Sidings (Furnace Lane), Great Doddington, Great Harrowden, Hardwick, Little Harrowden, Little Irchester, Mears Ashby, Orlingbury, Wilby.
- Other pupils.
If the admission number is exceeded within criterion (ii) , priority will be given to those who live furthest from the nearest alternative school. If the admission number is exceeded within any other criterion, priority will be given to those who live closet to the school. Distances are measured on a straight line basis using the NCC's GIS.
Guides and Prospectus
Click on the button below to download our school prospectus and guide for parents.
Sixth Form Admission Policy
All Year Eleven students may apply for a place in the Sixth Form and all those who meet the entry requirements are accepted, provided they have shown a willingness to work and are prepared to offer a good personal example to the rest of the school.
The courses we offer should meet the academic needs of a wide range of students. We offer both academic and vocational pathways through to the next stage of employment, training or higher education.
Sixth Form study is demanding and challenging. We require a commitment to high achievement and academic success. We expect our students to organise their own programmes of work at home and during private study time in school. We require our students to make full use of the excellent facilities the Sixth Form Centre provides. Sixth Form students set standards for, and are an example to others. Therefore, it should be noted that students are expected to observe all school rules; dress should be smart and appropriate. At the start of their course, all students and their parents will be required to sign a contact of commitment to the Sixth Form.
For further admission details for Post 16 please click here.