IN THIS SECTION
Visitors are always welcome at Wollaston School.
Our virtual open evening videos can be watched on our YouTube Channel - Please click HERE to watch.
Admissions to Wollaston School are managed by North Northamptonshire County Council. Please click HERE to access more information on School Admissions.
The Admission Policy of the Local Authority for students 11-16
The admissions procedure is supported by the Local Authority. Applications and appeals should be made through the local authority. The Pupil Admission Number(PAN) for the school is 240 students.
As a Secondary school serving both urban and rural areas, places will be allocated to pupils who have a statement of special educational needs/EHC Plan that names the school as appropriate provision. When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children
- Children who attend Bozeat Community Primary School and Irchester Community Primary School (schools of the Nene Valley Partnership)
- Children who live in the designated villages ie. Bozeat, Brafield-on-the-Green, Castle Ashby, Chadstone, Cogenhoe, Denton, Easton Maudit, Great Houghton, Grendon, Irchester, Little Houghton, Strixton, Whiston, Wollaston, Yardley Hastings
- Children who will have a sibling continuing at Wollaston School at the time of admission of the child
- Children attending Wollaston School’s designated contributory Primary Schools, i.e. Cogenhoe Primary School, Denton Primary School, Grendon CE Primary School, Little Houghton CEVA Primary School, Wollaston Primary School and Yardley Hastings Primary School in the year of application and continuing in attendance until the formal offer of places is made
- Children of staff at the school, in either or both of the following circumstances: a) where the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or b) the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage
- Children who live in Wellingborough and its designated surrounding village and contributory parishes, i.e. Earls Barton, Ecton, Finedon Sidings (Furnace Lane), Great Doddington, Great Harrowden, Hardwick, Little Harrowden, Little Irchester, Mears Ashby, Orlingbury, Wilby
- Other children
If the admission number is exceeded within criterion (ii) , priority will be given to those who live furthest from the nearest alternative school. If the admission number is exceeded within any other criterion, priority will be given to those who live closet to the school. Distances are measured on a straight line basis using the NCC's GIS.
Guides and Prospectus
Click on the button below to download our school prospectus and guide for parents.
Sixth Form Admission Policy
All Year Eleven students may apply for a place in the Sixth Form and all those who meet the entry requirements are accepted, provided they have shown a willingness to work and are prepared to offer a good personal example to the rest of the school.
The courses we offer should meet the academic needs of a wide range of students. We offer both academic and vocational pathways through to the next stage of employment, training or higher education.
Sixth Form study is demanding and challenging. We require a commitment to high achievement and academic success. We expect our students to organise their own programmes of work at home and during private study time in school. We require our students to make full use of the excellent facilities the Sixth Form Centre provides. Sixth Form students set standards for, and are an example to others. Therefore, it should be noted that students are expected to observe all school rules; dress should be smart and appropriate. At the start of their course, all students and their parents will be required to sign a contact of commitment to the Sixth Form.
For further information about our Sixth Form, please look under the Sixth Form tab at the top.